HOW TO DONAte
Interac e-Transfer from your online banking site .
On that form you will need to enter the recipient’s name ” Light for All ” and email address; [email protected] In the comments section please include your full name and address . There is no need for a security question as we are provisioned for auto deposit .+1.888.476.1215
Pre-authorized Monthly Direct Deposit.
“From your bank account”
Please mail a “VOID” cheque to our address:
P.O. Box 40032 Joshua Creek, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0G1
“From Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard)”
Please send us Card Number, Expiry date MMM/YY and Name on the Card
We raise charitable support from companies and employees moved by a sense of altruism and love to help fight poverty and injustice.
Monetary : Companies can give cash in any amount, either one-time or ongoing. Companies can support child sponsorships monthly or one of our causes (Poverty, Hunger, Health, Education, Gender Equality and Water).
In Kind: Companies can donate products and services that help us enhance our programs in the field or offset our operational and fundraising costs.
Employee Giving: Employees can be encouraged to give through donor programs, matching funds and other incentives, which enhances staff engagement and positive regard for their employer.+1.888.476.1215
Benefits of planned giving: Choosing to leave a gift in your Will has significant benefits:
- Tax Relief: Depending on the type of asset, leaving a gift in your Will to Light for All Canada can significantly reduce estate taxes.
- Flexibility: Your gift can be for any specific amount, percentage or residue of your estate.
- Peace of mind: You can make adjustments to your Will at any time.
- Cost-effective: There are no extra out-of-pocket costs. Your current income won’t be affected.
Note: This information is not intended to provide any financial, legal or tax-related advice. You are encouraged to seek independent professional advice from a qualified accountant, lawyer, or financial advisor to ensure proper planning and donation administration.
Gift in Will
Make Light for All Canada a beneficiary in your Will and know that your legacy will live on for generations. All it takes is a simple clause in your Will. In addition, a tax receipt for the full amount of your donation will be issued and may offset capital gains or other taxes payable to lessen the financial cost on your estate.
- Life Insurance: Gifts of life insurance are a great way to make a substantial donation for the relatively low cost of the premium payments. You can donate a policy you already own, make Light for All Canada the beneficiary of a joint policy held with your spouse, or buy a new policy to donate.
- Retirement Funds: Retirement funds are likely among the most heavily taxed assets you own. Naming Light for All Canada as a beneficiary can be an effective way of creating a tax-smart estate plan. By naming Light for All as a beneficiary, you retain ownership of the funds, receive a tax receipt for the full amount donated, avoid probate fees, and reduce your overall estate taxes. You can have a tremendous impact when you donate to Light for All programs for Health, Education, Gender Equality, Poverty and Hunger in some of the world’s most vulnerable places.
- Endowment Funds: You can create an endowment fund by donating substantial gifts of cash or assets. Endowment funds may be pooled, and individual endowments may require a minimum contribution. When you create an endowment, your donation is invested for a minimum of 10 years, and the income is used to support Light for All programs. You may direct your endowment toward the child sponsorship program (but not to your sponsor child or a specific sponsor child), or you may allow us to use the funds where most needed. Either way, you’ll change the world for children, families and communities in need for future generations to come.